
 |
| I may not leave a lot of money or material things behind for my daughter, but I hope and pray that she will always remember these moments in our life together on this earth. Ruby Davis Maul, I have loved you before I ever met you or your mother! I know that sounds crazy, but as far as I can remember I always wanted a sister. You could ask any of my high school or College friends about that. I've always wanted a sister. Maybe I have always had fatherly protection issues, I don't know, but I've always wanted a sister to protect. My dad had a sister and he was crazy protective over her. Maybe that is where I get it from. I've always been a lot like my father, everyone says it. Lately, I've learned that I'm a lot more like my father than I really thought. That's not a bad thing dad, just something that I'm learning to embrace in my older age. Anyway, maybe God gave me her to replace that sister phase that I have had all of my life. In mean if you really know me you know that I wasn't ever supposed to have children of my own. I prayed that if I only had one child it would be a little girl. All I can say is THANK YOU LORD for this beauty that you have given me. I know that sometimes I get upset with her strong willed self, and trust me this child is strong willed! BUT, I also remember back to what I asked for. I asked for a baby girl that ow;d be independent. A child that loved her daddy, but was also like her daddy and wasn't afraid to be the person that SHE wanted to be. I wanted a girl that was not afraid of being who she wanted to be. And I hate to get all political, but on a day after a historcal election. |

 |
1 Comments:
Love the sweetness and the love you have for Miss Ruby, yes she will remember this far more than any material possession you could provide, your time is more valuable than anything.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home